Most Common English Words (no. 15)
I was busy last Saturday so I forgot to write about the 15th word on the list of the Most Common English words. The 15th word is “with“. It is a preposition that has many usages like “on”. First, it means “together”.
- Mom is in the kitchen with Dad.
- I like to eat bread with butter.
It also means “using” (something).
- I entered USJ with my annual pass.
- We caught the crabs with a large net.
“With” also means “having” (someone or something).
- He is married with three children.
- Starbucks is a coffee company with shops in many countries around the world.
It also used to talk about something related to a person or thing.
- This movie is popular with teenage girls.
- He’s very careful with his money.
Finally, “with” can also mean “because of”.
- He was shaking with fear.
- She’s at home with a bad cold.